Saturday, February 27, 2010

Seperate Paths

Many years ago it was,
The paths of our lives
Went along side by side,
Along the way God gave each to trod.
Part of each other’s life it seemed,
Sharing hopes and dreams
And other things that we believed.

I can remember though,
When in my mind I could see,
Our paths were to part to their separate ways.
Yours up the side of a mountain steep,
But I along a lower place
My path would take my feet.

And as I saw it in my mind,
It actually came to pass.
Our paths did part.
No more seen or heard.
Paths parting with hardly a word.

I often wondered over the years
How your path has been.
What joys, what tears,
What dreams and fears,
Your path to you did send.

I still have some confidence
One day before His glorious throne
Our paths will come together again.
As each of the paths He gave us to trod,
Will bring us to His Home.

(August 1, 1998, copyright © 1998, All right reserved.)

No comments:

Post a Comment